Worthenbury, a parish in Flintshire, on the river Dee, 5 miles WSW of Malpas, and 7 SE by E of Wrexham. It has a post office under Wrexham; money order and telegraph office, Bangor Iscoyd. Acreage, 3420; population, 419. There is a parish council consisting of seven members. The living is a rectory in the diocese of St Asaph; gross value, £304 with residence. The church was built in 1740.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Wrexham (1837-1897)|
|Registration district||Ellesmere (1897-1935)|
|Registration district||Overton (1935-1953)|
|Registration district||Maelor (1954-1974)|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: