Welatone, Flintshire

Historical Description

Welatone, a township in Holywell parish, Flintshire. Welton, a parish, with Welton village and Byland hamlet, in Lincolnshire, 5 miles from Snelland station on the M.S. & L.R., and 6 NNE of Lincoln. It has a post office under Lincoln; money order office, Scothern; telegraph office, Lincoln. Population, 660. There is a parish council of eight members. Portions of land, in lieu of former manorial rights, belong to five prebends in Lincoln Cathedral. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Lincoln; net value, £210 with residence. Patron, the Bishop. The church is a building of stone in the Early English style, and has been well restored. There are Wesleyan and Primitive Methodist chapels.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: