Tryddyn, a township and an ecclesiastical parish in Mold parish, Flintshire, 4 miles S by E of Mold, with a post and money order office under Mold; telegraph office, Pontybodkin. Acreage, 3614; population, 1360. There is a parish council consisting of eleven members. Coed Talon collieries and ironworks are here, and have a branch railway for minerals to Padeswood station. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £141 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. The church is dedicated to St Mary. There are Baptist and Calvinistic Methodist chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||Wrexham (1837-1871)|
|Registration district||Chester (1871-1902)|
|Registration district||Hawarden (1903-1974)|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: