Soughton, Flintshire

Historical Description

Soughton, a township in Northop parish, Flintshire, on Wat's Dyke, 4 miles WNW of Hawarden. Soughton Hall was built in 1714 by Bishop Wynne, and passed to the Bankes family.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: