Rhydymwyn, an ecclesiastical parish, embracing portions of the civil parishes of Cilcen, Halkin, Mold, and Northop, in Flintshire, on the river Alyn, 3 miles NW of Mold. It has a station on the L. & N.W.R, and a post office under Mold; money order and telegraph office. Mold. The ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1865. Population, 458. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value,. £123 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. There are Baptist, Calvinistic, and Congregational chapels.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Rhydymwyn are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: