Rhesycae, Flintshire

Historical Description

Rhesycae, an ecclesiastical parish in Cilcen, Halkin, and Ysceifiog parishes, Flintshire, under the Halkin Mountains, 4½ miles SW of Holywell. It was constituted in 1848, and it has a post office under Holywell; money order and telegraph office, Nannerch. Population, 541. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £134 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. There is a Congregational chapel.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: