Queensferry, a place in Hawarden parish, Flintshire, on the river Dee, 6 miles SE of Flint, and 7 NW of Chester. It has a ferry, a station on the Chester and Holyhead section of the L. & N.W.R., and a post office under Flint; money order and telegraph office, Hawarden.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Queensferry are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: