Meliden, a township and a parish in Flintshire. The township lies on the coast, 2 miles SW of Prestatyn station on the Chester and Holyhead section of the L. & N.W.R., and 4½ N by E of St Asaph. It has a post office under Rhyl; money order and telegraph office, Prestatyn. The parish contains also the townships of Nant and Prestatyn. Acreage, 2068, with 509 of adjacent foreshore; population of the civil parish, 1035; of the ecclesiastical, 388. Nant was a seat of the Conways, and Prestatyn had formerly a castle. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £271 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph. The church is good. The vicarage of Prestatyn is a separate benefice. There are Calvinistic Methodist and Wesleyan chapels.
The following is a list of the administrative units in which this place was either wholly or partly included.
|Registration district||St. Asaph (1837-1934)|
Any dates in this table should be used as a guide only.
For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: