Kinmel Park, Flintshire

Historical Description

Kinmel Park, the seat of the Hughes family in the NW of Flintshire, 4½ miles W of St Asaph, and 3 SE of Abergele. It was formerly the residence of Lord Dinorben, a title which has become extinct. It was burnt in 1841, and has been twice rebuilt, the last time in 1874; the present mansion is a handsome structure in the Queen Anne style. The deer park contains some fine timber.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: