Gym, Flintshire

Historical Description

Gym, a castellated mansion in Llanasa parish, Flintshire, near the mouth of the estuary of the Dee, 6 miles NW of HolywelL It belonged formerly to the Douglas family, and belongs now to the Bates family

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: