Gwemafield, a village, a township, and an ecclesiastical parish in Mold parish, Flintshire. The village stands 2 miles W of Mold, and has a post office under Mold; money order and telegraph office, Mold, The township includes also the hamlets of Waenrhwyddfyd and Pantymwyn. The parish consists of the townships of Hendubiffa and Gwemafield, and the hamlets of Gwemafield, Pantymwyn, and Cathall. The ecclesiastical parish is larger than the township, and was constituted in 1844. Population, 745. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; gross value,, £130 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Mold.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: