Gorsedd, a chapelry in Whitford and Ysceifiog parishes, Flintshire, 3 miles W by S of Holywell. It was constituted in 1853, and its post town is Holywell. Population, 702. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; gross value, £300 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of St Asaph.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Online maps of Gorsedd are available from a number of sites:
- Bing (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- Google Streetview.
- National Library of Scotland. (Old maps)
- old-maps.co.uk (Old Ordnance Survey maps to buy).
- Streetmap.co.uk (Current Ordnance Survey maps).
- A Vision of Britain through Time. (Old maps)
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: