Golftyn, Flintshire

Historical Description

Golftyn, a township in Northop parish, Flintshire, on the river Dee, near Connah's Quay station on the L. & N.W.R., 3½ miles SW of Flint. Some of the inhabitants are employed in fishing and in mining.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Golftyn are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online:

CountyFlintshire
RegionWales
CountryWales
Postal districtCH5
Post TownDeeside