Cwm (St Asaph), Flintshire

Historical Description

Cwm, a village and a parish in Flintshire, 3 miles E by S of Rhuddlan station on the L. & N.W.R., and 3 NE by N of St Asaph. Post town, Rhuddlan. The parish comprises the townships of Cwm-Isglan and Cwm-Ucbglan. Acreage, 4031; population, 350. Many points command fine views— The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; value, £220 with residence. Patron, the Bishop of Llandaff. The church is ancient. .

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Civil Registration

For general information about Civil Registration (births, marriages and deaths) see the Civil Registration page.


Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: