Broughton, Flintshire

Historical Description

Broughton, a chapelry in Hawarden parish, Flintshire. 2 miles SE of Hawarden, and 5 SW of Chester. It has a station of the name of Broughton-Hall on the L. & N.W.R., and a post office under Chester; money order and telegraph office, Hawarden. Broughton Hall is a modern mansion occupying the site of an ancient one. Ecclesiastically belonging to Hawarden rectory, it has a beautiful church and parsonage house close to it for the curate in charge of the district.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Broughton are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online:

CountyFlintshire
RegionWales
CountryWales
Postal districtCH4
Post TownChester