Bistre, a township and a chapelry in Mold parish, Flintshire. The township lies 1 mile N of Llong station on the L. & N.W.R., and 2 miles E of Mold. Buckley is a name given to a mountain over which are scattered a large number of houses, the major part of which is in the parish or chapelry of Bistre. The post and telegraph office is situated in the parish of Bistre, called nevertheless Buckley post office. The chapelry consists of the township of Bistre and the greater part of the township of Argoed. Population of the ecclesiastical district, 3559. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of St Asaph; net value, £160 with residence. Patron, the Vicar of Mold. The church was built in 1841.
Land and Property
The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.
Newspapers and Periodicals
The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online: