Aston, Flintshire

Historical Description

Aston, a township in Hawarden parish, Flintshire, adjacent to Queen's Ferry station on the L. & N.W.R., near the river Dee, 1 mile N by W of Hawarden. The manor, with an ancient castle, was held by the Whitleys from the time of Edward III.

Transcribed from The Comprehensive Gazetteer of England & Wales, 1894-5

Land and Property

The Return of Owners of Land in 1873 for Flintshire is available to browse.


Maps

Online maps of Aston are available from a number of sites:


Newspapers and Periodicals

The British Newspaper Archive have fully searchable digitised copies of the following newspapers online:

CountyFlintshire
RegionWales
CountryWales
Postal districtCH5
Post TownDeeside