NEEDINGWORTH, a chapelry, in the parish of Holywell, union of St. Ives, hundred of Hurstingstone, county of Huntingdon, 2¼ miles (E. by N.) from St. Ives. A great part of the village was accidentally destroyed by fire, in September, 1847. The chapel, dedicated to St. James, has been long demolished. There is a place of worship for Baptists.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.