Naunton (St. Andrew)
NAUNTON (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Stow-on-the-Wold, partly in the hundred of Bradley, but chiefly in the Lower division of that of Slaughter, E. division of the county of Gloucester, 5 miles (W. S. W.) from Stow; containing, with the hamlet of Aylworth and tything of Harford, 523 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £16. 13. 4., and in the gift of the Bishop of Worcester: the tithes have been commuted for £130; there are 53 acres of ancient glebe, and an allotment has been made of 444 acres in addition, worth about 20s. per acre. Here is a place of worship for Baptists.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.