Barsham, North (All Saints)
BARSHAM, NORTH (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Walsingham, hundred of Gallow, W. division of Norfolk, 2 miles (S. W. by W.) from Little Walsingham; containing 89 inhabitants. It is intersected by the river Stiffkey, and comprises 1015a. 2r. 35p., of which 960 acres are arable, and 43 meadow and pasture. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £6, and in the gift of the Earl of Orford: the tithes have been commuted for £330. 15., and there is a glebe of 18 acres, with a house. The church is chiefly in the early English style.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.