Barrow, North (St. Nicholas)
BARROW, NORTH (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Wincanton, hundred of Catsash, E. division of Somerset, 2¾ miles (S. W.) from Castle-Cary; containing 140 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £7. 17. 8½., and in the patronage of Lord Portman: the tithes have been commuted for £115, and there are about 41 acres of glebe.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.