Misterton (St. Leonard)
MISTERTON (St. Leonard), a parish, in the union of Beaminster, hundred of Crewkerne, W. division of Somerset, 1¼ mile (S. E. by S.) from Crewkerne; containing 475 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage; patrons, the Dean and Chapter of Winchester; impropriator, John Hussey, Esq. The great tithes have been commuted for £205, and the vicarial for £70; the glebe comprises 33 acres. The church has been enlarged. A school is supported by subscription.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.