Marston-Trussel (St. Nicholas)
MARSTON-TRUSSEL (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Market-Harborough, hundred of Rothwell, N. division of the county of Northampton, 3¼ miles (W. S. W.) from Market-Harborough; containing, with Thorpe-Lubbenham, extra-parochial, 247 inhabitants. The parish comprises by measurement 1300 acres, and is situated on the borders of Leicestershire, which bounds it on the north-west. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £15. 2. 11.; net income, £429, arising from 314 acres of land; patron, the Rev. William Law. The church is a handsome structure in the later English style of architecture, with a square embattled tower.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.