Marland, Peter's (St. Peter)
MARLAND, PETER'S (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Torrington, hundred of Shebbear, Black Torrington and Shebbear, and N. divisions of Devon, 4½ miles (S. by W.) from Torrington; containing 351 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Ven. Archdeacon Moore: the impropriate tithes have been commuted for £195.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.