Marholm (St. Cuthlac)
MARHOLM (St. Cuthlac), a parish, in the union and soke of Peterborough, N. division of the county of Northampton, 4½ miles (N. W. by W.) from Peterborough; containing 197 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 2. 3½.; net income, £266; patron, Earl Fitzwilliam. The church has an ancient font, and, amongst other memorials, a magnificent marble monument to William, Earl Fitzwilliam, and Anne, his countess. In the parish is Abbey Milton, one of the seats of the family, a large irregular structure, the most ancient part of which is of the time of Elizabeth.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.