Maperton (St. Peter and St. Paul)
MAPERTON (St. Peter and St. Paul), a parish, in the union of Wincanton, hundred of Catsash, E. division of Somerset, 3¼ miles (S. W. by W.) from Wincanton; containing, with the hamlet of Clapton, 214 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 9. 7., and in the gift of Wadham College, Oxford: the tithes have been commuted for £330, and the glebe comprises 89 acres.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.