Madingley (St. Mary)
MADINGLEY (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Chesterton, hundred of Northstow, county of Cambridge, 3½ miles (W. N. W.) from Cambridge; containing 282 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, valued in the king's books at £6. 9. 7., and in the patronage of the Bishop of Ely, the appropriator: the bishop's tithes have been commuted for £395, and those of the vicar for £74. 1.; the former has 9, and the latter nearly 10, acres of glebe.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.