Ludgershall (St. Mary)
LUDGERSHALL (St. Mary), with Tetchwych, a parish, in the poor-law union of Aylesbury, hundred of Ashendon, county of Buckingham, 1½ mile (N. by W.) from Brill; containing, with the hamlet of Kingswood, 566 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £17. 16. 8.; net income, £259; patron, the Rev. Thomas Martyn. Here was an alien priory, a cell to the great hospital of Santingfield, in Picardy, and which, at the suppression, was given to King's College, Cambridge.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.