Loughton (All Saints)
LOUGHTON (All Saints), a parish, in the union of Newport-Pagnell, hundred of Newport, county of Buckingham, 3½ miles (N. W.) from Fenny-Stratford; containing 361 inhabitants. The parish is situated on the great north road, near the London and Birmingham railway, and comprises about 1500 acres; the surface is gently undulated, and the soil a strong clay. Limestone is quarried for the roads. About 150 women and children are employed in making pillow-lace. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £14. 5. 2½.; net income, £228; patrons, the Master and Fellows of Trinity College, Cambridge: the tithes were commuted in 1769, for 250 acres of land. The Baptists have a place of worship.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.