Longstock (St. Mary)
LONGSTOCK (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Stockbridge, hundred of King's Sombourn, Andover and N. divisions of the county of Southampton, 1 mile (N.) from Stockbridge; containing 497 inhabitants. It comprises nearly 2000 acres, chiefly arable land. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £10. 15.; patron and impropriator, the Rev. Sir John Barker Mill, Bart. The great tithes have been commuted for £433, and the incumbent's for £315; the glebe contains 2 acres.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.