UK Genealogy Archives logo

Load

LOAD, a chapelry, in the parish and hundred of Martock, union of Yeovil, W. division of the county of Somerset, 4½ miles (S. S. W.) from Somerton; containing 426 inhabitants. The chapel is dedicated to St. Mary Magdalene. The navigable river Yeo, or Ivel, is here crossed by a bridge.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.