Litton (St. Peter)
LITTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Clutton, hundred of Wells-Forum, E. division of Somerset, 6¼ miles (N. N. E.) from Wells; containing 430 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, valued in the king's books at £8. 12. 8., and in the gift of the Bishop of Bath and Wells: the tithes have been commuted for £160.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.