UK Genealogy Archives logo

Lea-Newbold

LEA-NEWBOLD, a township, in the chapelry of Buerton, parish of St. Oswald, Chester, union of Great Boughton, Lower division of the hundred of Broxton, S. division of the county of Chester, 6 miles (S. S. E.) from Chester; containing 42 inhabitants. It comprises 708 acres, the soil of which is clay. The vicarial tithes have been commuted for £31.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.