Knowle (St. Giles)
KNOWLE (St. Giles), a parish, in the union of Chard, hundred of South Petherton, W. division of Somerset, 2¾ miles (S. by W.) from Ilminster; containing 99 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the Bishop of Bath and Wells, with a net income of £72. The impropriate tithes have been commuted for £60; there are 31 acres of glebe.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.