Kittisford (St. Nicholas)
KITTISFORD (St. Nicholas), a parish, in the union of Wellington, hundred of Milverton, W. division of Somerset, 4¾ miles (W. by N.) from Wellington; containing 152 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 952 acres, and is intersected by the river Tone. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £11. 10. 5., and in the patronage and incumbency of the Rev. T. Sweet Escott: the tithes have been commuted for £125, and there is a glebe of 107a. 3r., with a house. The church is an ancient structure. A farmhouse called Cothay is supposed to have been the site of a religious establishment.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.