KINGSTON, a parish, in the liberty of West Medina, Isle of Wight division of the county of Southampton, 6½ miles (S. S. W.) from Newport; containing 73 inhabitants. It is near the English Channel, in the south-western part of the Isle of Wight, and between the parishes of Chale and Shorwell; the neighbourhood forms one of the most hilly parts of the island. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £5. 6. 8., and in the gift of G. H. Ward, Esq.: the tithes have been commuted for £220, and the glebe comprises 15 acres of land.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.