UK Genealogy Archives logo

Kingmoor

KINGMOOR, an extra-parochial liberty, in the union of Carlisle, Eskdale ward, E. division of Cumberland, 2 miles (N. W. by N.) from Carlisle; containing 412 inhabitants. It comprises 1100 acres, and belongs to the corporation of Carlisle, the freemen of which city hold their guild races here on Ascension-day.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.