Bagborough, West (Holy Trinity)
BAGBOROUGH, WEST (Holy Trinity), a parish, in the union of Taunton, hundred of Taunton and Taunton-Dean, W. division of Somerset, 8 miles (N. W. by W.) from Taunton; containing 449 inhabitants. The parish is situated in a fertile district, watered by numerous streams from the hills in the vicinity, and abounds with pleasingly diversified scenery; it comprises by measurement 1972 acres, of which 762 are arable, 742 meadow, 150 woodland, and 120 common. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £18. 10. 10.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. J. B. B. Clarke, whose tithes have been commuted for £295. 4., and who has a glebe of 63 acres.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.