UK Genealogy Archives logo

Keyham

KEYHAM, a chapelry, in the parish of Rothley, union of Billesdon, hundred of East Goscote, N. division of the county of Leicester, 5¾ miles (E. by N.) from Leicester; containing 184 inhabitants. The chapel is dedicated to All Saints. Of £35 per annum arising from land given on the inclosure in exchange for land bequeathed to the poor, £15 are paid to a schoolmaster, and £20 distributed to poor families.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.