Badgworth (St. Congar)
BADGWORTH (St. Congar), a parish, in the union of Axbridge, hundred of Winterstoke, E. division of Somerset, 2½ miles (S. W. by W.) from Axbridge; containing 321 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £25. 15., and in the gift of Sir J. Mordaunt, Bart.: the tithes have been commuted for £432. 9., and the glebe comprises 85½ acres.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.