HULME, CHURCH, a chapelry, in the parish of Sandbach, union of Congleton, hundred of Northwich, S. division of the county of Chester, 3½ miles (E. by N.) from Middlewich; containing 1008 inhabitants. It comprises 807 acres, the soil of which is loam and sand. The Manchester and Birmingham railway has a station here, eight miles distant from the station at Crewe. The living is a perpetual curacy; net income, £120; patron, the Vicar. Tithe rent-charges have been awarded, of which £82. 1. 10. are payable to the vicar, and £19. 11. 7. to the impropriators.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.