Huish-Champflower (St. Peter)
HUISH-CHAMPFLOWER (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Dulverton, hundred of Williton and Freemanners, W. division of Somerset, 2¾ miles (W. by N.) from Wiveliscombe; containing 454 inhabitants. The parish comprises by measurement 2909 acres, of which 638 are hills, road, and waste; the river Tone has its source within its limits. An act for inclosing lands was passed in 1842. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £13. 9. 4½., and in the gift of Sir J. Trevelyan, Bart.: the tithes have been commuted for £254. 6. 9., and the glebe comprises 152 acres.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.