Hornblotton (St. Peter)
HORNBLOTTON (St. Peter), a parish, in the union of Shepton-Mallet, hundred of Whitestone, E. division of Somerset, 4½ miles (N. W. by W.) from Castle-Cary; containing 104 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, consolidated with that of Alford under an act passed in 1836, and valued in the king's books at £7. 2. 1.: the tithes have been commuted for £205, and the glebe comprises 106 acres. The old Roman Fosse-way skirts the north-western boundary of the parish.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.