Higham-Gobion (St. Margaret)
HIGHAM-GOBION (St. Margaret), a parish, in the union of Ampthill, hundred of Flitt, county of Bedford, 7 miles (W. N. W.) from Hitchin; containing 109 inhabitants. It comprises by measurement 1287 acres. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £8. 9. 7.; patron and incumbent, the Rev. J. R. Wardale: the tithes have been commuted for £300, and the glebe comprises 32 acres. The church contains a monument to Dr. Edmund Castell, a learned orientalist, who was for several years rector.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.