Healy, with Comb-Hill
HEALY, with Comb-Hill, a township, in the parish of Nether Witton, union of Rothbury, W. division of Morpeth ward, N. division of Northumberland, 10 miles (W. N. W.) from Morpeth; containing 36 inhabitants. It comprises 805 acres, and consists of three farms, called respectively North and South Healy, and Comb-Hill, and which are part of the Nether Witton estate. The north and east portions of the township have the river Font for a boundary, near which the soil is fertile, but in other places it is principally grassland of poor quality. Here is a water corn-mill, named Healy mill.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.