HASELOR, an extra-parochial liberty, locally in the parish of St. Michael, Lichfield, N. division of the hundred of Offlow and of the county of Stafford, 4½ miles (N.) from Tamworth; containing 29 inhabitants. The manor passed from the Staffords to the Stanleys, and by marriage to John Brook, Esq. It was subsequently the property of Joseph Girdler, sergeant-at-law, from whom it passed to two coheiresses, and became the property in moieties of the Dowager Lady Chetwynd, and Thomas Nevill, Esq., the latter of whom afterwards possessed the whole manor. The Hall is a fine specimen of the old half-timbered houses, having several florid gables and transom windows. Until 1832, Haselor was claimed as a member of St. Michael's parish, Lichfield; but in that year, after a long and expensive litigation, between the owners of the manor and the churchwardens of St. Michael's, the latter suffered judgment to be filed against them in the court of king's bench. The liberty comprises 520 acres of land. Here is a deserted chapel, which is a prebend in Lichfield cathedral.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.