UK Genealogy Archives logo

Hartgrove

HARTGROVE, a chapelry, in the parish of Fontmell Magna, union of Shaftesbury, hundred of Sixpenny-Handley, Shaston division of Dorset, 4 miles (S. W. by S.) from Shaftesbury; containing 218 inhabitants. The curacy is annexed to the vicarage of IwerneMinster. The chapel is dedicated to St. Peter.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.