Harleton (St. Mary)
HARLETON (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Chesterton, hundred of Wetherley, county of Cambridge, 6½ miles (S. W.) from Cambridge; containing, with the township of Bagley, 269 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £14. 9. 7.; net income, £313; patrons, the Master and Fellows of Jesus College, Cambridge. The parish is entitled to an annuity of £35 from a farm belonging to Christ's Hospital, half of which is paid to the master of a school erected out of the income.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.