UK Genealogy Archives logo

Hardington-Mandeville (St. Mary)

HARDINGTON-MANDEVILLE (St. Mary), a parish, in the union of Yeovil, hundred of Houndsborough, Berwick, and Coker, W. division of Somerset, 4½ miles (S. W.) from Yeovil; containing 760 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, valued in the king's books at £9. 15. 7½.; net income, £471; patron, William Helyar, Esq. The church has been enlarged, and 110 free sittings provided.

Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.