Harberton (St. Andrew)
HARBERTON (St. Andrew), a parish, in the union of Totnes, hundred of Coleridge, Stanborough and Coleridge, and S. divisions of Devon, 2 miles (S. W. by W.) from Totnes; containing 1496 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, with the living of Halwell annexed, valued in the king's books at £49. 2. 1.; net income, £659; patrons and appropriators, the Dean and Chapter of Exeter. The church contains a very rich stone pulpit, and three stone stalls. There is a place of worship for Baptists.
Transcribed from A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, seventh edition, published 1858.